Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 4 of the South Trip

I'll just let the pictures do the talking. Words wouldn't do the day justice anyway. 




For Argentineans, there is always enough time for a coffee break.
Did I mention there is a lot I like about the Argentinean lifestyle? 

Our trusty boat that took us to the glacier

the Canadians 

The South African: Velum (Left), me (middle), Canada: Kristen (right)

South African, American and me

The Glacier we would later be walking on!


This piece of ice floating in the lake is about the height of a two story house

The part of the glacier that is above water is about 3 and a half 
stories high. 

Our trusty guides

Spikes we wore on our shoes to go glacier walking

Me and the other Canadian Kenndall

On the glacier! I turned out to be a very good glacier walker.
The guide said it must be the Canadian in me.


Our guide

Walking on the glacier was definitely I sight to behold.
It is also something I will never forget.


Kind of weird seeing all of that ice and walking on it
when it's 18 degrees out

Something that I made for the glacier to remember me by


Group shot on the glacier. Notice that we're all girls
except one very lucky Danish guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment