Thursday 15 March 2012

Day 8

Day 8 we went on a day trip through the mountains to Cafayate, a small wine town that specializes in white wine. The white wine from Cafayate is said to be much better than that of the Mendoza area. The wine of Cafayate is also exported internationally. So maybe you can find some in your local liquor store!






You can't see very well on the pictures but the river is red!
Like RED red. 







Entering the Garganta de Diablo 2#
Yes, this place is ALSO called the Garganta de Diablo.
It's a natural formation and basically it's a mini circular canyon that
is known for it's great acoustics. Every year they have
a concert in the mountains. 






Yes, I am wearing a sweater. And yes, it's 27 degrees out. 
What can I say? I got acclimatized! 

Canada



Wine ice cream!





Guacho hats! 


And now starts the series of bad group photos me and my friends took:
(yes, they just get worse and worse but we blame it on
 8 days of only 4 hours of sleep a night)

Canada(me), Germany, United States, New York, New Zealand, Canada


Haha.... fail! 

I know we look funny, but we're actually copying the statue that is
behind us! I swear! 

This is the statue we were copying:
 (Sorry that it's a really bad/blurry picture!)



No comments:

Post a Comment